• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

swr

rustyc

Oct 30, 2011
swr still a bit high i read somewhere that putting a choke in the last 4 feet of the coax would lower it some more the coax is a little long could shortening to 12 feet also help it's long enough to get into the truck any hrlp would be nice thanks peacemaker

Im lookin at the same problem! The radio has variable 2-15w dk and swings 70w and swr is 1.2 all 40 channels. With ts500 the swr goes to 3.0 and swings back. Is something wrong?

You can't have SWR "swinging"; it has to be measured with a completely dead carrier (AM or FM), and if you have to turn the mike gain down, do it.

Readjust the meter every time you change power level and/or frequency.

Reactions: 1 person
Im lookin at the same problem! The radio has variable 2-15w dk and swings 70w and swr is 1.2 all 40 channels. With ts500 the swr goes to 3.0 and swings back. Is something wrong?

Some amps show lower reflect at different output levels and that is the amps tuning.
I had an old school Gray 300 that would show a darn near perfect match at 200 watt dead key but on the low side at 100 watt key the swr would be 3 while barefoot flat as a pancake.
Try different jumper lengths from the radio to the amp and from the amp to the meter.
I know to the purists this sounds awful, but you have to do what you got to do.
Buy a cross needle meter and it will give you the lowdown better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.