• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T-star 500v

Cahtrina

May 13, 2019
Howdy all. I went to T-star website and it shows that the amp should have 20watts put into it. Is that avg or pep? Bobs cb says 50watts pep and white dotte says 2 watt dk and 25 watts in. So should i do 1watt dk with 25avg watts and no more than 50pep watts?
Thanks all.

Howdy all. I went to T-star website and it shows that the amp should have 20watts put into it. Is that avg or pep? Bobs cb says 50watts pep and white dotte says 2 watt dk and 25 watts in. So should i do 1watt dk with 25avg watts and no more than 50pep watts?
Thanks all.
25w carrier OUTPUT per transistor, 125w pep OUTPUT per transistor, max, if you want it to last.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
unfortunately for texas star and their customers, you'll never see 250W out of 4X2SC2879's rated @ 13 dB. (minimum) of gain with only 4W of input. that'll never happen. on the other end of the range, with 4X2SC2879's rated for 15.2 dB. (typical) of gain, 20W input will produce 660W output.

Attachments

• 1468.pdf
    116.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Thanks all.

Is this a newer amp that has the DEI or HG finals or old school with Toshibas? Either way you don't want to overdrive it and burn something up. The Toshiba finals are insane to replace right now and the newer finals are not as good.

For AM use turn the variable on the radio all the way down (less then 1 watt dead key er so). Have the amp green button out so it's wide open. Key the radio and turn up the radio power until you have 100-125 watts dead key from the amp. The peak swing can be say 18-25 watts from the radio. Should be good to go. For SSB use 12-20 watts PEP input will be plenty.

As long as you can properly feed this amp and your antenna system is in order the amp should work fine. You might consider adding a fan by the heat sink as well, it's pretty simple to do. Good luck.

Reactions: Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated