• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

T-UG8 to Uniden Washington?

I have recently purchased a Uniden Pres.Washington. It is a 5 pin mic connector. I have a d-104 choker only grey base T-UG8. The color wiring in the mic cord is black, red, clear or white, and an unshielded wire. The mic was wired and worked but several wires came undone. I have ordered a new 5 pin plug for it and was wondering WHAT IS THE WIRING DIAGRAM? If you could help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you...Jeff

uniden to d104

PIN 1: White (audio)

PIN 2: N/C (no connection)

PIN 3: Black (receive)

PIN 4: Shield (ground)

PIN 5: Red (transmit)

you probably wont be able to turn thr radio mic gain much past 1 o'clock without getting distortion in the audio but that combination is perfect for sideband. you will have real nice sounding station and close talking the d104 really gives it a clean sound if you dont remove the limiting transister and dont have the mic up to high on the bottom. id wire the d104 for 4 pin cobra and get a 4 to 5 pin adapter off ebay

Reactions: Woody-202
President Washington may have to be laid to rest

Thank you for the info guys!!! Unfortunately I have the same problem that got me to look at the plug wiring it wont key up.When keying up It does turn off the recieve speaker.. When I was doing some different wire combos I got it to dead key in the recieve position and un key in the key position. This tug8 was working proper for a short time on this Washington. I bought it off eBay it was very dusty inside I air compressed out the dust and some cleaner also and it worked for a short time. This radio has extra channels using switch for 9 and anl/nb switches. I do like this radio but I am no tech and money is tight for a while I may have to shelf or scrap it.

Thank you for the info guys!!! Unfortunately I have the same problem that got me to look at the plug wiring it wont key up.When keying up It does turn off the recieve speaker.. When I was doing some different wire combos I got it to dead key in the recieve position and un key in the key position. This tug8 was working proper for a short time on this Washington. I bought it off eBay it was very dusty inside I air compressed out the dust and some cleaner also and it worked for a short time. This radio has extra channels using switch for 9 and anl/nb switches. I do like this radio but I am no tech and money is tight for a while I may have to shelf or scrap it.

sounds ike you might have the red and black wire reversed

Reactions: midnight special
ADAPTER

I bought a UNIDEN WASHINGTON from a man on this site or souuld i say traded it for a DX-959. The rig i got sounds good and i mean good.OK.I have one of them adapters.I can use all my 4 pin mikes on that adapters but i cant use my D104 base mike on the rig with that adapter. Did anyone else ever have that problem? T HE D104 works with all my other rigs. JUST MY 2 CENTS. 73s. RAY.:whistle::confused:

I bought a UNIDEN WASHINGTON from a man on this site or souuld i say traded it for a DX-959. The rig i got sounds good and i mean good.OK.I have one of them adapters.I can use all my 4 pin mikes on that adapters but i cant use my D104 base mike on the rig with that adapter. Did anyone else ever have that problem? T HE D104 works with all my other rigs. JUST MY 2 CENTS. 73s. RAY.:whistle::confused:

whats the issue? what doesnt it do?

UNIDEN WASHINGTON

It just dont key up right.I get feed back from the mike.The mike works well on my other radios.:headbang.Just cant under stand it??:confused:.73S.RAY:censored:

I have the same issue. I have a Uniden Washington 8719. I have a D104 TUP-9 wired to my RCI 2985 6 pin. I bought an adapter cord to go from RCI 6pin to the U.W. 5 pin. At first it would not receive. I rewired it to make it work but I get feedback through the speaker as if I was using talkback. The U.W. is not modded for talkabck. I spend an afternoon on it with no success.

Any ideas would be great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated