• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

take off angle

Hams would fight us to the death! No way they would let us lowly cbers lobby for change without a fight. Let's get back to topic,
End rant!

this is someone best guess.. the guy building this has not key on it yet he will in the next few days, it is built to be run on 27.0250. this was built to chase take off angel up to 90 degrees wile talking.it runs in the vertical and horizontal polarized.. 60 some foot of boom out there. o and its hot feed system....... food for thought... good luck on your hunt for the answer :)

Attachments

• moter mouth beam.jpg
    moter mouth beam.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 7
  • moter mouth maul.jpg
    moter mouth maul.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 person
this is someone best guess.. the guy building this has not key on it yet he will in the next few days, it is built to be run on 27.0250. this was built to chase take off angel up to 90 degrees wile talking.it runs in the vertical and horizontal polarized.. 60 some foot of boom out there. o and its hot feed system....... food for thought... good luck on your hunt for the answer :)

I never could understand CB terms for things. What do you call a hot feed system?I know that I would understand it if it was called by it's real name to explained how it is fed. IMO all feeds are hot. If they wern't then there would be no RF getting to it. :D What I see is a circularly polarized antenna set up most likely to be switch from left hand sense to right hand sense. Also no idea about the fact it was built to chase take off angel up to 90 degrees while talking. It will have whatever take off angle it has unless you mean by raising and lowering the telescopic tower it is mounted on.Tilting the antenna up in elevation is going to do almost nothing for TOA. It does not work that way on HF. IMHO he has more money than brains but whatever floats his boat. It is his money.

Reactions: 2 people
I never could understand CB terms for things... What I see is a circularly polarized antenna set up most likely to be switch from left hand sense to right hand sense. Also no idea about the fact it was built to chase take off angel up to 90 degrees while talking... It does not work that way on HF. IMHO he has more money than brains but whatever floats his boat. It is his money.

HEY!!!!!, lets do some CB EME!!!!!!:pop:

Faraday rotation ....

Eme is possible. (Allready done)

Changing elevation can be helpfull but you will lack thr 6db ground gain. However thr nulls in a elevation pattern might be much larger. That will be rare.

For those who have compared. Be sure not to confuse the diffrence in take off angle produced by polarisationvtype with.... polarisation type. As there are big differences in those.

There are those who change the el. By changing the az. I know this sounds strange but i ll explain later how some believe that is true

Sorry short replay not easy from phone hihi.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.