• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

taking talkback OUT of a grant xl

B

BOOTY MONSTER

i picked up a working grant Xl from a local today it need a new meter (no biggie) but other than that it seems to be %100 electrically , pots and switches dont crackle or scratch when used and it got good reports back on AB and SSB .

my problem is ..... it has talkback and its too loud . i removed the top to take out the resistor across the pa/ext. spkr. jack but its nowhat im used to seeing . there is a resistor there that looks to have been installed and im pretty sure thats it but ....... it does NOT go straight across parallel to the jacks . the closer end of the resistor is right at the ext.spkr. jack , but it goes out at about a 45 degree angle to the back of the radio to a connection about a inch and a half away . im about %99 sure thats it and i just need to take it out , but im not %100 sure and its too easy to find out for sure here rather than possibly find out i took out something else thats important .

if thats not it , how do i stop the talkback ?

LOL @ GLR . :)
thats the beauty of that lil fart knocker . i dont have to put a switchable or variable talkback in my radios , i can just plug this in to get an idea of what i sound like and get kinda close . then have someone (whos opinion i trust on how radios sound) help me with the fine tuning . then take it out and use it on another radio . i dont normally use talkback except to just check things .

Univeral Talkback Controller **NICE**

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.