• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

talk back 2510 mod

tvrc18

May 1, 2011
I tried the mod #2 on Rogerbirds site for talk back removal and it did not work. I can still hear audio thru the internal speaker when transmitting. I used a 1n4148 diode and the mod calls for a 1n914a I think it was but the spec sheet shows them to be almost identical. Anyone do this mod or try the 3rd mod on Rogerbirds site? I hate that audio while transmitting.

i did the 2nd mod on mine, worked for me , i used the exact parts rogerbird used it worked for me. did you make sure the the diode was in the correct direction, it can only go one way. it wont work turned backwards. 73s midnight special

Yes I had the diode in the correct position. I did the 3rd mod with a diode and resistor going to q127 base and that did the trick. I need to send it back to Rogerbird because it has started having a power problem now. I just got it back from Roger but these things are old and you never know about the old caps and such. I have not seen this before, it was doing 40 watts ssb around 27.600 but up in the 10 meter band 28.400 only 5 watts. Weird.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?