• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talkback disable on Ranger EB-2015?

Sorry I can't be of any necessarily specific help, but on most of the Galaxy/Ranger chassis with Internal Echo Board - there is a long single wire coming off the board, some chassis it will be a Blue or Green or White colored wire, that is part of the TalkBack circuit. Cut that wire - lengthen the wires and route to a Switch on the back of the radio so you can use TB when you want. Easy enough to experiment. Locate such a wire, cut it and see what happens. If TB disappears .... you found it. If not, reconnect it and move on.

Going to try that on my Galaxy 44....

OK. On the DX44, using the EPT0SSB50B echo board, there is a blue wire soldered in to the board. I disconnected it, and no difference.

Just a note from here - If I say green, brown, yellow, orange, etc... I am red/green colorblind, so it may even be a shade of green and I call it blue. I ger browns and dark greens mixed up, etc. I added pics for reference.

There is a 2 pin plug, rd and blk wires, they go to the back of the on/off part of the control knob on the radio front. Unplugged that, no audio but it keys up to TX.

a white plug, with 3 pins. Black, Brown (?), and yellow (?) wires. unplug that and no response when keying mic. Black and brown go to board on mick socket. Yellow to main board beside R179. I disconnect the yellow from the plug, wasn't it.

A Brown 3 pin plug with a red, green, yellow wire. They go to a white 3-pin plug on the main board right behind the s-meter.

Otherwise, you have the 2 main "coaxial" wires, each with 3 wires, that go from the board to the control knob. They both have red, green, and shield.

Attachments

• 0222202202[1].jpg
    0222202202[1].jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 0222202158[1].jpg
    0222202158[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.