1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkBack mod or whack mod???

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by Low_Boy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

I have seen a couple TalkBack mods that resemble this but we're hooked up to different places in the radio. Is this a TalkBack mod? 20180825_154002(1).jpg

2. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

You do come up with some winners.

But, must ask, does this radio have FM?

Why? The relay CROSSES over two sets of contacts - one is for a jumper - like normal routing - while in TX the audio is routed around that.

Question of FM is - one jumper in the center of the board - may route to the front of the radio - to a pot of the front panel. Which would kill AM audio because the relays' contacts switch out the jumper and it goes to the middle of the board. So if radio is in normal mode, the jumper by the AM regulator is one thing - but TX? I see the contacts route elsewhere possibly to front panel.

If it was FM you don't need the AM regulator - you can bypass it and allow Audio amp or mic amp to deviate the PLL -so if it was talkback, the speaker wiring would be involved more - and I don't see that. And no dropping resistor to be seen...so FM mode perhaps to kill AM regulator and send a DC flat power to AM regulator as switched...

It's why I asked about FM and front panel...

3. Low_Boy

Yes it has FM
    It is a general lee. I do come up with some beauties. Now that I figured out my picture posting problem I could put up some more pictures I'd like to get rid of all that relay and junk.

4. Handy Andy

The Relay only works on TX - so FM or not - the contacts will "switch" only in TX mode.

Thinking then, that since Connex sends these things out with FM installed - the Relay is for Talkback - or a power amp drive - but no other way to verify - so default? Talkback...

Thinking it's EPT360014B...so the Echo in it's gonna need all the h-hh-hh-eee-ee-e-l-ll-lll--pp-p-p-pp it can get...

5. Low_Boy

The MRFIXIT talkback mod would have worked just fine.

#5 Low_Boy, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  6. Handy Andy

We do miss him when he's gone.

But this mod you have in that radio can power an amp for keying and I would not put it past anyone to see if they can amplify the envelope that thing makes; into and thru a separate amplifier like they would do for Hi-Fi injection.

7. Low_Boy

Well if they did this to power a amp all i can say is SPLATTER BOX. Limiter missing ,coil stretched, galaxy swing mod. Oh yes color changing light that makes a noise as it cycles.

8. Handy Andy

This list is incomplete and will be supplemented as necessary...

WOW, no referring to the ... oh nevermind...

Tallman and Low_Boy like this.
  9. Low_Boy

LOL...Yes more keeps showing up as you go