• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry Stalker Two (40 ch am/ssb)

badfish

Dec 1, 2008
Is there any documentation out there on this radio? Schematic? Alignment? If so, I'm not finding it. I picked it up on the cheap a few weeks back. I'm having second thoughts about if it will ever work again. Side panel screw threads are stripped from someone being in-n-out of this thing. There is obvious resistors removed, diodes that have been clipped and re-soldered, wires cut, etc.
I bought it from an old retired couple that lived in the middle of nowhere. I figured the old guy that owned it didn't butcher it up, but someone was in here....A LOT! The radio lights up, and keys up. Very little output and no audio on the RS meter. 858 chip, Uniden board. Looks like the hanging wires were from the clarifier. Maybe this is classified/listed under another radio? Uniden Washington maybe?

Here is a few pics.

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

Looks like the CBTricks schematic is for the 23 channel version. I have a 40 channel version, if you can be patient with me (let me get thru my work week, Monday evening I'll be free) I'll give you values of the components that are missing or clipped, and maybe get that old girl up and going. They're a great old school radio with good TX and INCREDIBLE RX. Nice find, provided we can get 'er up and going. (y)

~Cheers~

Yes exitthirteen, I'm in no rush. I would appreciate it.

The second from last pic....one of those "wire wound donuts" is hanging by 1 wire.

I found one too...

Anybody find out any more about these? I got one in a yard sale package deal, it's dusty but virgin! Have not tried it yet, took it to work last night and blew the dust out. Was so tired I forgot to bring it home :sad: I read somewhere that it's the same as a Cobra 136, but all I can find is info. on the 23ch ver. this one is 40ch....
Tnx.

Exitthirteen did you evr find a schematic or manual for the stalker one or two for the 40 channel teaberry?
I have a stalker one here I am trying to fix. the 23 channel schematic is not the same. would be greatly appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.