• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Teaberry Stalker XX clock issues

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,
So, the clock on the radio just flashes 8:88 and the buttons except for the Hold button have no effect on the clock. I also bough a clock and switch board off of E*** for parts. This radio has some challenging aspects to it because the actual boards in most cases does not macth up with what is found on line or in the Sams 285 manual. The clock board in the radio and the spare have the same board number but are not the same. The spare part has 2 transistors and an electrolytic cap while the one in the radio has 1 transistor and no cap. The switch boards a re different part numbers all together. The replacement board is a PC 588AA and the one in the radio is a PC443AA. I am wondering if this had something to do with the export VS an FCC radio (which I have). The clock chip in the radio is a 4801P and on the spare board is a LM8361.

Anyway, after some troubleshooting the one main diference or issue is that on pin 42 I have .7VDC instead of 1.49VDC as shown in the schematic. I am a little lost in troubleshooting this particular chip. Is there anyone with some thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks as always!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.