• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tech?

Hellbringer

Jul 15, 2008
I Have been into CB's for 15+ years and I've also been a huge Electronics project type guy i know all the theory and principal. My question is where might I find out how to troubleshoot and fix Radios I'm not wanting to be one of those guys that break radios or make them sound like crap I'm wanting to learn the right way. Are there any online sources or old techie that want to take me under their wing and teach me a little. I have a couple of old radios that I've gotten that aren't up to snuff and would like to get them back talking they were free so i can play with them with no worries.

I Also have a Ventrilo server for VOIP if anyone has a headset that may want to chit chat hit me up in a PM and i'll send you the info

Lou Franklin has a book intitles " Repairing and servicing cb radios" or something like that.... its supposed to be written in laymans terms and pretty good. I can't remember his website... but a quick google of his name and the name of the book will find it.
Do a search for CRB books ... I think thats his website name and publisher.

Personally....some of the best books I've read about radio and radio repairing were written back in the late 1950's and 1960's. Most of this stuff you can buy for a dollor on Ebay or Amazon. The older stuff is cheap.... but the info is just as relavent today as it was then.

Take care

Understanding and Repairing CB Radios: For the Professional Technician by Lou Franklin. I've read the book and it's a great start. A lot of the radios he uses as examples you can still get today. That part doesn't really matter...the principles are all the same...even for ham radio.

Then why do you need help?:confused:

in basic electronics such as how resistors work and transistors etc. not in CB repairing.

Also thanks for the help with the info guys i'll look up the books. I'm excited about getting started in learning this

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.