• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Technically, not CB related...and may even get me thrown out of here!!!!!

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
Last week I got a batch of emails from different places.... all telling me that the FCC targeted 4/19/2022 as the starting date for the new $35 fee for license related transactions.

Well there is an old phrase some people used..... had something like...."or GET OFF THE POT" in it......

I had been studying for I while.... but I went into a hyper "test exam" mode for the last three days of the week... went and took my "Amateur Extra" test yesterday.... and aced it.

SO NOW... the real question is........

can I stay in here? Will you guys let me come back????? Ever????????????

Last week I got a batch of emails from different places.... all telling me that the FCC targeted 4/19/2022 as the starting date for the new $35 fee for license related transactions.

Well there is an old phrase some people used..... had something like...."or GET OFF THE POT" in it......

I had been studying for I while.... but I went into a hyper "test exam" mode for the last three days of the week... went and took my "Amateur Extra" test yesterday.... and aced it.

I don't think you have anything to worry about lol.
Lots of guys here play all kinds of radio.
Go for it.

Jeff

I think that just means you have to buy the site a box of donuts.

You mean you are one of those ham operators now??? Riding that 18 hand horse, huh? Okay, I got you figured out....

Just kidding, that's awesome!!! When I was 19, I took my ham test without studying and failed miserably. The 7yr old kid next to me aced his test (=motivation). Needless to say, I studied after that, a lot. When I finally went back for another try, I passed my technician, then took the general the same night, passed that one too, then they "highly recommended" I take the extra test right then as well. Even though I was confident in all my answers on the first two tests, I thought back to when that kid made a fool of me and thought "I needed to study more" and opted out. They wouldn't tell me my scores, but from the grin on their faces and pushing me to try the extra exam, I think I did fairly well. I should have went for it and I probably will when it is time to renew.

73!
KE0KOY

You mean you are one of those ham operators now??? Riding that 18 hand horse, huh? Okay, I got you figured out....

Just kidding, that's awesome!!! When I was 19, I took my ham test without studying and failed miserably. The 7yr old kid next to me aced his test (=motivation). Needless to say, I studied after that, a lot. When I finally went back for another try, I passed my technician, then took the general the same night, passed that one too, then they "highly recommended" I take the extra test right then as well. Even though I was confident in all my answers on the first two tests, I thought back to when that kid made a fool of me and thought "I needed to study more" and opted out. They wouldn't tell me my scores, but from the grin on their faces and pushing me to try the extra exam, I think I did fairly well. I should have went for it and I probably will when it is time to renew.

73!
KE0KOY
Do it. If I passed you should have no trouble.

Reactions: Rwb and brandon7861

Congratulations! You're going to love all those new bands. It would amaze you just how many hams were CBer's, and how a lot of THOSE are still active on 11M to this day.

Congratulations! You're going to love all those new bands. It would amaze you just how many hams were CBer's, and how a lot of THOSE are still active on 11M to this day.
I intend to be the same way. I love radio... no matter what the band. It's not about the license you carry.... it's about the love of radio. Maybe that is just me!!!

This sounds like a question where you already know the answer and blowing your trumpet (prematurely) at the same time. Not sure what your end game is.
Who wouldn't want to share good news like that? Some people see this forum as a type of family, others just see it as a source of useful information (half of which wouldn't be here without the former). I think his end game is clear - to be proud of his accomplishment. Your end game is the one I would question.

Reactions: Rwb and GlocknSpiel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated