• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tennessee Walker blows ac fuse instantly on key down

I just looked at the photos and you're right. Not to make anyone upset but I don't know how they get away with building these things like this. So many issues but they could be solved if they would change the design a little. I guess the end goal is copy a design that already has issues...add to the issues then sell it as long as it does a much power as it can to an unsuspecting buyer?

One more thing before I forget..the reason I would usually go with a little lower in resistance is because usually these amps get overdriven and given that with the added stability it just makes sense to me.

Two watt carbon 100K ohm should be fine here. See the red wire coming off the input tuners that goes to the big yellow .01 cap, then feeding the two 47 ohm resistors? You'll want to put the 100K on the red wire side of the .01 cap to ground. You'll need to readjust the two input tuners because this will lower the drive impedance a little.

The pre amp board inside the tube compartment is also not so good. The long green wires from the relay are unshielded. I'm sure the feedthrough SWR on this amp when it's in standby is somewhat high as a result. Unless you really like that preamp I'd hack it right out of there and shorten up that green jumper across the normally closed contacts.

Preamp board is history. Thx for the other advice. I may take care ofthat this week.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.