• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TERAFLEX CB AMATEUR RADIO JK JEEP ANTENNA MOUNT

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
OK, so I have been looking for a antenna mount for my 2007 Jeep Wrangler. I have found 3 of them and have not been happy with any.

The other day I found one made by Teraflex.

JK Wrangler CB Mount

WOW!

This by far has been the best I have found and talk about HEAVY DUTY!

My Jeep is in the body shop getting a new windshield, (LONG STORY)

When it returns I will continue this review including pictures of the install.

The reason I wanted a heavy duty mount is because I am interested in a Scorpion Antenna which weighs in at 18 pounds!!!!

Scorpion Antennas ~> Welcome!

I will post some pictures of the mount next.

Here they are,

The quarter is there to show the thickness of this bracket!!!

Last edited:
Kewl, HH. Looking forward to the install pics and performance review. What kind of quick disconnect are you gonna use?

Scorpion antenna have their own quick disco so I will consider it.

I have to modify the mount so the antenna will work, the Scorpion antenna needs a 3/4 inch hole because it mounts with a 3/4 threaded rod.

Are you going to post a pic of this mounted on the jeep? I'd like to see where this attaches.

About the only thing I can think of is to really make sure there's good 'backing' behind that bracket. I know I was surprised at how much 'torque' that 'Scorpion' will produce (as in it broke one tool box mounting bolt).
I don't have a clue about how/where that bracket goes, so this part is sort of guessing at things. That antenna is something like 3 - 4 inches in diameter, so the mount should put the 3/4" mounting hole about 6" from the nearest thing to the side(s). Further would be better, but that's getting a little out of reason too. My antenna weighs something less than the one you're thinking of, I think. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, but I think that bracket isn't going to work too well without some extra work done to it. I'm thinking two bolts holding to the body, and two bolts holding a mounting plate. Is that close to being right? (Can you tell I'm not too familiar with a Jeep?) Good luck.
- 'Doc

BTW
Had a problem with mine. Dealt with the control cable wiring. Would retract but not extend after a point. Ron was very helpful with several questions I had, and recommended a 'trick' or two. Turns out it was probably more my fault than anything else, and got it solved easily. (Wish I could blame it on shipping and UPS, but it was my fault. So what else is new?)

Doc,

I never knew you have the Scorpion Antenna?????

How do you like the performance?

Any pictures of your install?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Doc,

I never knew you have the Scorpion Antenna?????

How do you like the performance?

Any pictures of your install?

Anything else I should be aware of?

DUH!

Found the thread, LOL

w5lz-albums-screwdriver-antennas-picture373-pu-ant-04.jpg

w5lz-albums-screwdriver-antennas-picture370-pu-ant-01.jpg

Happy_Hamer,
I haven't finished getting it installed yet. Meaning running a power line to the cab, and finding a place to put the @#$ radios. Hey, it works very nicely with an antenna analyzer thought!
Ran into a problem or two (mostly my fault) though. Installing that 80 meter matching coil was fun, and adjusting it is even more fun. Several different 'types' of screws/bolts used, 'square' thingys, and a five sided thingy. Spent unbelievable amount of time looking for a screw driver with that five sided type point. (@#$%.. it's a @#$ allen screw, finally realized. Oh shut up!)
Also found out a few other things that weren't exactly as well done as I thought, think they were in that other thread. Still more my fault than anything (but if I get a chance, I'm gonna blame someone else!).
Best advice I can give about the Scorpion antennas is to plan for -BIG-, over do it some, you'll wish you had later.
I've found that at least in my case, the top of that tool box just isn't the best place to put one. It would work fine, but it also causes some other problems not associated with the antenna. Opening that tool box, for one thing. If I can catch the place open, I'm planning on having a mounting bracket made for the antenna. Haven't decided whether to put that bracket on the face of the tool box or just in front of the wheel well (on the wheel well, on the 'slope', sort of). That way I can still use most of the truck bed. (You might be amazed at the number of pizzas you can get in a truck bed, and the number of times it still required more than one load! :)) Made a suggestion or two to Ron, the builder of the thing. He though one was a pretty good idea. He also told me how to 'get around' a couple of other ideas, or why they weren't such a good idea to start with.
I honestly think you'll like that Scorpion, I do. I also think that you may have to sort of back up and re-think a thing or two. No huge impossible thingys, but the 'little' things. Or pay attention to the mistakes I make and don't do them too?
- 'Doc

Oh, yeah. Pay attention to the un-packing instructions. Still can't believe it's packed that well. Even UPS couldn't hurt it!
(Then considering my UPS driver, that blond in the pictures you see about UPS drivers ain't got nothing on her! Especially in the summer, if she had a bumper sticker that said "I deliver!", it'd give me a heart attack!) whatever

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.