• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tesas ranger 696f ssb

eastcoastcbman

Dec 2, 2022
hey everyone.
i have a question about a base i was given.

as stated its a Ranger 696fssb.
The problem is when i turn it on it is apparently stuck in wx mode as i can hear the weather stations all the time when powered up no matter where the mode is switched. Not 100% clear audio tho, its kinda crackly but defiantly understandable. The counter does not light up, but the channel display does. the mode leds are working and change with the mode switch. but the definitive click between modes is not there.
question is, is there some transistor arrangement that does this switching between modes? I cant find a schematic for that radio specifically, but the 2980wx seems close. im not that good at reading schematics anyway so a little direction would be helpful.

is this a common problem? has anyone else had this issue? if so any ideas on what section of the schematic i should be looking or how to fix it would be great.

hey everyone.
i have a question about a base i was given.

as stated its a Ranger 696fssb.
The problem is when i turn it on it is apparently stuck in wx mode as i can hear the weather stations all the time when powered up no matter where the mode is switched. Not 100% clear audio tho, its kinda crackly but defiantly understandable. The counter does not light up, but the channel display does. the mode leds are working and change with the mode switch. but the definitive click between modes is not there.
question is, is there some transistor arrangement that does this switching between modes? I cant find a schematic for that radio specifically, but the 2980wx seems close. im not that good at reading schematics anyway so a little direction would be helpful.

is this a common problem? has anyone else had this issue? if so any ideas on what section of the schematic i should be looking or how to fix it would be great.
It sounds to me like the mode switch is broken. That is where I would start.

Reactions: KK4MSA
If memory serves me right, that radio was known for a common issue having to do with the wx feature. Ranger had issued a fix but what the fix was I'm not sure. There has to be something out there on the web about it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated