• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Ranger 696 base finals

Seldom does the final AND driver fail. It is probably the final transistor.

Beware of phony final transistors. They are everywhere on eBay, and I would only trust the Eleflow brand. I have bought the cheap 'n phony 2sc1969 transistors from sources NOT on eBay too. Believe me; they are ALL phony.

Only one guy sells the REAL McCoy any more, and that is 'Eleflow'.
You can use either a 2sc1969 or a 2sc2312 transistor; they are interchangeable. The 2312 is even a little better than the original 1969 - BTW. You will also have to set the bias current ('mA') of the final. It wouldn't hurt to do the drive bias adjustment before the final bias either.

BIAS Current adjustments:

Set radio to CH 19 USB TX mode/Modulation Off.

Driver Bias: Connect current meter to TP7 (+) and TP8 (-) - adjust VR10 for @50 mA.
Final Bias: Connect current meter to TP7(+) and TP9 (-) - adjust VR12 for @100 mA .

Watch this viddy:

2SC1969 replacement with CB20W.avi - YouTube

Here is the REAL replacement that is worth the time and money to do the job right. Buy from THIS guy ONLY:
2SC2312 ELEFLOW, RF TRANSISTOR....CB/HAM RADIO....1pc. | eBay

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?