• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 1200 DX Hot Plate

turbo chicken

Sep 9, 2013
I have a Texas Star 1200 I'm looking for a good tech to upgrade this amplifier. I wanna keep the ab1 biasing but just Beef up the components and possibly add some more filtering. I wanna a clean amplifier i can be long winded on. Any suggestions for a good tech? I was told about Crusher in Ky but haven't found a contact yet.

If the amp is working fine I would just add a fan to keep things cool. For the most part amplifiers are plug and play, they either work or don't. It's not like radio's where they need to be tuned & modded.

That said the only guy I ever knew that modified Texas Star amps was Peakaboo, who was the builder of the one and only Joker Amplifiers. He would change the bias from passive to regulated AB. He could also add some filtering and made it more narrow banded. I am sure he had some other tricks as well.

You might get with forum member TexasStarRepair, maybe he does that on the side or knows who does.

Is this a serious question? With CB popularity dying out, who are you gonna harm???????

Oh I don't know. How about hams, broadcast services, and other radio users regardless of the band. Crappy signals from dirty amps do not just interfere with other CB'ers. Just because you can't hear crap in-band does not mean it is not producing crap out of band.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh I don't know. How about hams, broadcast services, and other radio users regardless of the band. Crappy signals from dirty amps do not just interfere with other CB'ers. Just because you can't hear crap in-band does not mean it is not producing crap out of band.

We are talking about a Texas Star Hotplate with 8 x 2290s, not a volted davemade.
Garbage in equals garbage out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.