• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star 350 problem Techs?

pumphouse

Sep 2, 2005
I have a texas star 350 HDV. There are three buttons on the front- The RED for on, The WHITE for rec amp and the GREEN for dial a watt. When I press the GREEN button in with the box ON, the receive level goes way down- like its acting opposite of a rec amp. When i press the WHITE button for receive, nothing happens- the receive neither goes up of down it stays the same meaning that i can hear people normally. The transmit works fine on high gear and the dial a watt works okay too. Just to make sure, i changed the transmit and receive transistors 2N4125's and replaced with 2N4401's. Nothing happens- still the same problem. The amp has never been worked on and it was bought new.

Anyone know if this is a common problem with texas stars?
How do you fix this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

pumphouse :)

Ok. Amp works now! Replaced with (2) new 2N4025's. I guess the 2N4401's didnt work properly. Texas star must of changed its circuitry as this is a newer model.

Pumphouse

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.