• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star 350dx high drive keeps burning input rf choke..

I read the entire thread. I'm impressed. You accomplished allot in very little time while knowing little to begin with.

Those with 20+ years experience in their specialty are able to chase the last 5% as I call it, easily. And all too easily forget their 95% cost 20 years.

In the end you fixed it properly. You done good man!

Imagine you opened your first radio 4 months ago, and only have a volt/ohmeter, then you read the millions of miles of language on the internet, then every time you search for rf probes, hfe testers, and every other gadget you get obliterated by too many options and info..the trials of a noobie that just can't go to a radio shack and take the simple route..then you open a amplifier that resembles a schematic but with many variances and obvious problems I did not want to tackle to begin with. Energy flow has always been an enigma to me, even house wiring I have to go by the book, and if I have to wire a 3 way switch I have to look at my books every time..its a whole new theory, and when it's too complex without a fundamental understanding you just gotta take a step back and breathe. I wouldn't even know where to start with electrical theory, I just jumped in the pool..im drying off for awhile, it's gardening season

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.