• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star 500v Surgery

I use a Two Block version of these:
ANL GOLD FUSE HOLDER 0 2 4 GAUGE 100 AMP 100A PS101+100 | eBay
Or like this one: for a bigger amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-SPD8201-GOLD-CAR-STEREO-ANL-FUSE-HOLDER-new-/260819404985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba0c48b9#ht_1598wt_1187

If you look around on Ebay, there are a lot of ways to go.

I do NOT like the Blade fuse holders that are pre made with the fuse holder molded onto wire leads that look like this

The reason is ...the same thing as the two pin fast connectors....to many of them just shove the wire into the fuse holder, and then mold the plastic around them.
They Heat up under load and fail.

Jeff

I use a Two Block version of these:
ANL GOLD FUSE HOLDER 0 2 4 GAUGE 100 AMP 100A PS101+100 | eBay
Or like this one: for a bigger amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-SPD8201-GOLD-CAR-STEREO-ANL-FUSE-HOLDER-new-/260819404985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba0c48b9#ht_1598wt_1187

If you look around on Ebay, there are a lot of ways to go.

I do NOT like the Blade fuse holders that are pre made with the fuse holder molded onto wire leads that look like this

The reason is ...the same thing as the two pin fast connectors....to many of them just shove the wire into the fuse holder, and then mold the plastic around them.
They Heat up under load and fail.

Jeff

As Jeff says there is no shortage of high current gold plated fuse holder/fuses/distribution blocks made for in car hifi that are excellent for cb amps,

for quick release look to anderson powerpole or anderson multiplole connectors, they are excellent and reliable.they are also excellent if you are moving radios/amps from mobile to homebase use.
Powerpole Connectors

Here's a good calculator of wire gauge vs current, plus a calculator for run length. American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits with skin depth frequencies

Heres the connector I use with 2ga to my tx500

Connectors-for-high-current-quick-connect-disconnect-180778.jpg

and my fuse holder SCOSCHE STATUS Fuse Status Wafer Fuse Holder 1/0 or 4 Gauge 1/0 out

SISSFUSE_1.jpg

i get about 640w pep on the bird

mackmobile43,
I once put two watt meters on the output of a radio, both read the same power. That means I was putting out twice as much power, right??
- 'Doc

that means my amp is doing 1000w WOOHOO! :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.