• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

texas star 667

you need a external power meter to put between the amp and antenna , find out what your radio will make the amp modulate (probally 500-600 watts) and adjust the radio to make the amp dead key %25 of what that ammount is.....about 125-150 watts .

the texas star 667 is a 1 driving 4 amp, which means it likes to be driven with a stock radio with a lowered deadkey.

should not really deadkey more than 2 watts into this amp, and no more than 12-15 watts PEP swing.

the 99v is too much radio.
that radio would drive a texas star DX500 perfectly though!
LC

the 667 is a awsome amp.but being a 1x4 amp its often overlooked cause most
if not all exports will overdrive it.i known people that had this amp
they loved it.but with the export type radios the 500 is a better match

been told a time or two that the TS 500 can and will out do a 667 if done right. Those TS 500s are a damned good boxes ! Freak'in bullet proof ! but most TS's are , they may crumble from the heat , the switches burn out , the meters take a shit and the face plates fall off , and totally look like they have been hit with a hammer a few times , but by golley , those freak'in TS's can take a licking and keep on ticking (y)

If you want to use it with the Galaxy have a good tech disable the driver or have it were you can use the driver or not with a switch. Then it will work with both radios.

your right bout 2 watt carrier.but also 15-20 watt swing max [guessing here]
for the 667

Straight from the texas star site and I'm sure 5 watts (RMS) would equate to 15-20 watts pep.

I used to run a dx500v with 7 watts carrier input and 45 watts pep with no fan and it stood the test of mack, I mean time.
CW Transmitters (Models DX 400, DX 400V, DX 500, DX 500V, DX 667 and DX 667V)

These transmitters are designed for mobile or base CW operation. Powered by the 12 volt vehicle battery or 12 volt regulated power supply, the maximum power output is less than 5 watts RMS. Frequency of operation is within the 10 meter band, determined by installation of a crystal into the oscillator board. The transmitters contain a transmit/receive relay and an output connector for the receiver to share the antenna and permit break-in operation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.