• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX1600 from E-bay

FredTx63

Oct 17, 2015
Anyone know if the new Texas Star DX1600s being sold on e-bay are good/legit? I had heard something about fake transistors a while back. I'm OK with HGs, just don't want to pay for some unknown/junk transistors or if I should avoid these latest gen DX1600's all together. This would be for a friend's mobile setup using a Stryker 955 to drive it.

Reactions: Tokin

Dont do it. They are really bad amps now in my opinion. They come with either fake toshiba's or dei transistors. Not to mention other really cheap crappy parts. Get a box built for you, waaaay better. Plus why support a company that purchases fake bootleg components from china, support your local builders.

This was my recommendation to my friend as well. I think he was eyeing the Texas Star because it's in stock and most builders are backed up right now being near Christmas and propagation coming back recently. Thanks for the feedback.

Lets not even talk about the dei junk.
The major issue with the Toshiba fakes is if you blow a pill its going to be impossible to replace just the one. There are replacement issues with HG also as there are numerous "revisions" that will not interchange. Whatever amp you buy keep your swr low, for hg 1.3, dont volt and don't over drive and the gear will last.

Reactions: NZ8N and FredTx63

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated