• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star DX350

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
I recently bought a Texas Star DX350 from a guy who I truck with occasionally, he said that he needed the money and he really didn't use it all that much. He said that he bought it about six months ago, tried it a time or two and never really got the hang of it so he sold to me for what I thought was a steal of a deal. It looks like it's new and has never even been used. I don't know a lot about this amp but if I keep it I'll probably use it with my Magnum S9 and Wilson 5000 magnet mount in my pickup. If I decide to let it go, just exactly how much can I get for it?

Variable or non? Pics please!
Thanks!

Variable I think!? Here are the pic's that I took, it actually looks better than the pic's.

Attachments

• 100_0135.JPG
    100_0135.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 190
  • 100_0137.JPG
    100_0137.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 180
  • 100_0140.JPG
    100_0140.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 172
You will get what someone is willing to pay. Not trying to be smart but I had a DX600 one time and it was a TVI machine to the max. Got rid of it.

They are not well designed in terms of SHIELDING.

Best wishes.

You will get what someone is willing to pay. Not trying to be smart but I had a DX600 one time and it was a TVI machine to the max. Got rid of it.

Best wishes.

Linear amps do not create TVI, your antenna system and poorly designed TV's do that quite nicely for you all by it's lonesome.

And there has never been a dx600 produced, perhaps you meant a dx500.

Best wishes.

Sure sounds like you're being a Smarty Pants to me Mr. Savoir Faire! Like I said in my first post I don't know a lot about this amp, so I'll just keep it and save you the whining and the crying. Besides it sounds to me like you don't know what you're talking about anyway. According to mackmobile43's post, "Linear amps do not create TVI, your antenna system and poorly designed TV's do that quite nicely for you all by it's lonesome.

And there has never been a dx600 produced, perhaps you meant a dx500."

Thanks Anyway guys, most of you have been helpful. o.b.t.w....I just gave $45 for the whole kit and kaboodle, I thought it was a steal myself!

And there has never been a dx600 produced, perhaps you meant a dx500.
I have to Disagree with you on that one, they did make a DX-600 for a while......had a gold face on it......Back in the day.....

Shielding?
Not sure about that statement. If seriously over driven with a badly hacked radio, they will produce plenty of extraneous output, just like most other amps.....

Jeff

Attachments

• ts_dx600.jpg
    ts_dx600.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 254

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.