• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas star modulator parts

bevis

Sep 28, 2020
Anyone know where to source switch covers / lamps / switches for the texas star modulator plus ?
Are all the texas star amp switches the same physical size ?
Since they still build these amps, i would think the parts are oiut there but i cant seem to find them other and very expensive switch covers on ebay.

I just had an rmail conversation a few months ago with Barkettes about some connex parts. That's a bummer if theyre down.
Best of luck finding TS parts. Last i heard there is a shortage of all ts parts. You wont find any retail anywhere at the moment. Evem TS is having problems getting what they need.
Youe best bet is to look for a parts amp.

I just had an rmail conversation a few months ago with Barkettes about some connex parts. That's a bummer if theyre down.
Best of luck finding TS parts. Last i heard there is a shortage of all ts parts. You wont find any retail anywhere at the moment. Evem TS is having problems getting what they need.
Youe best bet is to look for a parts amp.

Well, thats a bummer. I asked the only person i know locally about it and his response was " Good Luck ". I paid $75 for it so i was going to try and replace the rx and low power or am/ssb ( whatever the other 2 switches are to the right of the red power switch ) but if i cant get the switches that kills that idea. Its a 3 switch model with no variable. The switch covers are gone on the 2 to the right of the power button and they wont latch in. They just push in and come back out with no detent. Can they be repaired ?
I can get the switch covers on ebay but the switches are a different problem.

I can't even see where they say its even in stock. Unless youve emailed them to confirm they have some in stock id be suspect. Be careful of anything on ebay as it might be knockoff stuff.
Email those folks and confirm they physically have some then find some one with a local business license to create an account and order one. Hopefully they dont have a minimum. If they do resell the ones you dont need.
I don't mean to be a downer but from all im hearing these parts have become very hard to find.
Try checking local ham fests and local offer up app and Craigslist set search alerts so if anything is posted you get notified. I got lucky and found one thru a silent key sale for $100.
20210809_220342_HDR.jpg

We used to buy stuff from A-1 no problems ever getting the radios.
I am no longer in retail but anyone with a resale number can order for you.
We bought in multiples, 6 units at time usually.

Jeff

Reactions: bevis
I can't even see where they say its even in stock. Unless youve emailed them to confirm they have some in stock id be suspect. Be careful of anything on ebay as it might be knockoff stuff.
Email those folks and confirm they physically have some then find some one with a local business license to create an account and order one. Hopefully they dont have a minimum. If they do resell the ones you dont need.
I don't mean to be a downer but from all im hearing these parts have become very hard to find.
Try checking local ham fests and local offer up app and Craigslist set search alerts so if anything is posted you get notified. I got lucky and found one thru a silent key sale for $100.View attachment 46799

damn, that one looks like new and virgin

damn, that one looks like new and virgin

I admit I did wash the flux out of it but it was pretty clean and unmolested when i got it.
Ill keep an eye out for the parts you're looking for. Check back here if you find what you need.
This is what it looked like before i cleaned it. A steal at $100 anymore. I see where one recently sold on ebay for $330.
20210801_133443_HDR(1).jpg

Reactions: Eldorado828
I admit I did wash the flux out of it but it was pretty clean and unmolested when i got it.
Ill keep an eye out for the parts you're looking for. Check back here if you find what you need.
This is what it looked like before i cleaned it. A steal at $100 anymore. I see where one recently sold on ebay for $330.
View attachment 46811

Hell, i cant even get a knob for the other one i have. It has a chicken head knob on it.
I would love to get the correct knob for it but RF parts says the ones they carry wont fit the old modulators. What a bummer not being able to get TS parts.

I set search alerts locally for "cb" and "cb amps" on Craigslist and offerup. This is when you need to be creative if you want to find parts. Dont expect to find new and be ready with cash to jump on an opportunity.
Ill keep an eye out and if i come across anything ill pm you.

Reactions: bevis
Dont expect to find new and be ready with cash to jump on an opportunity.

You are right on that, my brother just picked this up for $150 bucks because he was at the right place with cash in hand.
It was a good score, don't see many dx 111v modulators these days.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20210905_125215.jpg
    IMG_20210905_125215.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 186
Not really sure why Texas star stuff is getting like it is. Its not like some high quality gear we're dealing with but new 667's are $1000...
If i were you bevis id spend the $22 bucks for the ebay set and call it good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.