• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star on HF

You realize that the 'aside from filtering' is the entire issue, a fairly expensive one to address and one that will take a lot of time with a station monitor and other bench equipment?

An amplifier circuit is trivial. An RF amp that is tuned for a band and meets spurious emissions and is linear...non-trivial.

There's a reason why the SGC and Ameritron mobile amps are priced as they are.

To be fair, a year ago, I came here asking similar questions and spent a lot of time reading and learning to finally understand what is involved. Don't run CB amps on HF, they are dirty and people will be interfered with by your splatter. There are plenty of people out there now with spectrum displays on their rigs and they are glad to send in reports on dirty signals.
It only splatters if you put splatter in. Too much modulation. I use a Texas star behind my icom ic718 on the 10 meter band. No one knows what amp I’m using. I can’t drop 1200 bucks on a ameritron solid state base amp or a 811 h. I could in the early 2000s. I had a half dozen but can’t now.

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire
It only splatters if you put splatter in. Too much modulation. I use a Texas star behind my icom ic718 on the 10 meter band. No one knows what amp I’m using. I can’t drop 1200 bucks on a ameritron solid state base amp or a 811 h. I could in the early 2000s. I had a half dozen but can’t now.
How much in and how much out?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.