• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Cobra 29

The old radios were built with better components but they are old. Some have been well taken care of and others have been beat around and tweaked by every golden screwdriver along the interstate. Some people will pay a ridiculous amount if money for an old 29 just because it was made in the Philippines.

The old radios were built with better components but they are old. Some have been well taken care of and others have been beat around and tweaked by every golden screwdriver along the interstate. Some people will pay a ridiculous amount if money for an old 29 just because it was made in the Philippines.
And to be flat out honest, nobody could tell a hill of beans difference in their RX anyway. A lot of this simply has to do with nostalgia. The new 148's and the whole SSB warble seems to be a real and correctable issue, but I'm not spending big bucks on an old CB radio.

And to be flat out honest, nobody could tell a hill of beans difference in their RX anyway. A lot of this simply has to do with nostalgia. The new 148's and the whole SSB warble seems to be a real and correctable issue, but I'm not spending big bucks on an old CB radio.

You quoted me at 5:43pm...well done sir. The only complaint I have about my china 148 is the AM RX frequency was off out of the box. I tried it on SSB when I first got it and it got good reports but that was at stock power levels. I only use it for AM and can't complain.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.