• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the dirtmover

blackjack

Apr 26, 2005
il
how are you selling amps on ebay and getting away with it or any of the people doing it. i put a texas star modv up there and tehy ban me for 30 days. just curious if it is teh wording or what. would like to know the trick i have a few amps i want to put up there

i was just on ebay and there are like 250 amps on theer for sale how are they getting away with it. yahoo auctions cost to much they charge you by the day to post an auction

Hey Blackjack, I've had the same problem in the past on Ebay, but it was with selling some export radios. A while back I tried to sell a RCI 2950 and a Galaxy 88HL........Both were kicked off and I was suspended for 30 days from Ebay......I emailed them and asked, "What gives". I see hundreds of these radio's post, get bid on and sell with no problems........I don't understand why or how they run there screening on certain items. Alot to do with it is Ebayers reporting the auction number to them. Once you get tagged they'll watch all your items that you post like a hawk....You might try to refrase your item, with something like "Not for CB Use" or put it in the ham section or something like that...But Most likely it won't work......
I did the same thing that AMPower mentioned......I used yahoo auctions, there not as big as Ebay, the price isn't that bad to submit and Items do sell for a good price and best of all they don't hassle you with all your bootlegged items..........Good luck with whatever you do..........73's

Were you talking about me selling amps on Ebay????? I have only sold one. It got jerked, I relisted it. I constantly give advice to people whos add is going to get jerked (GO TO YAHOO!) There are a bunch of whiner hams like a few in this forum (CW?) that police Ebay and turn anything in that is "illegal" Such as those "10 meter" radios. The problem with those Galaxy 88 and RCI 2950s is they arent class accepted by the FCC.........the FCC doesnt recognise that as a legal radio. Ebay doesnt condone anything illegal being sold including your radio. I dont see why I should really sell linears on ebay though. You can get more out of them to truckers. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.