• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The fun of T Hunting.

El Kabong

Say what?
Apr 11, 2018
Lost Angeles, CA.
I love the shocked look on smack talking kids faces as my friends and I get out of our car, walk to his door, knock, and ask his mommy if we can see our "radio friend", her son on the porch. They almost always let mommy deal with the big mean men. BTW we ask "Mommy" her name and for a phone number to prevent a repeat of that event. It works.

T Hunting is a fun game. In West Los Angeles we had a weekly game on Sunday afternoons. Last weeks winner was next weeks rabbit. They hid. In alleys, parking structures, on cliffs, one way streets, next to canals, an airport runway. The rules were simple. You had to keep at least one wheel of your car on city street pavement and stay within pre agreed limits. 5 Miles or so. He who finds the rabbit first wins. The rabbit is allowed to cheat. He can wave his whip antenna. He can lower his power. He can play Led Zep' but please god not Cashmere for the 100th time. He MUST keep his radio keyed down playing something until he is caught.

It takes two to win. A driver and his radio/navigator. There are a few tricks you learn as you go along. It's a great game. I hope all of you have tried it. It's one of the best reasons to own a CB radio. Plus, it's not a video game!

Was a regular in the fox hunts in San Jose during the mid '80s.

Before the rules were amended, a friend had a good idea for a place to hide. Access road for percolation ponds that went under a bridge for a major street. At the time it was "legal" because we were definitely within 100 feet of the pavement, since it was only 30 feet or so above us. Oh, and the signal dropped to nothing when you were on the bridge. May have been all that rebar connected to ground inside the concrete.

Might have pissed a few people off with that one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.