• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The New Anytone 5555 Plus/N

Interesting read.

I know my version of the NII (7900v turbo) has tx and rx noise reduction. Not sure what the compander is or didn't even know it was a whole different noise filtering. Does the styker versions have both compander and noise reduction?

The device on the bottom is odd, mine has seals so I can't take a peak inside (it's driving me crazy). First radio ever owned that I haven looked in. It's like being married but seeing her untarped isn't an option :ROFLMAO:.

Interesting read.

I know my version of the NII (7900v turbo) has tx and rx noise reduction. Not sure what the compander is or didn't even know it was a whole different noise filtering. Does the styker versions have both compander and noise reduction?

The device on the bottom is odd, mine has seals so I can't take a peak inside (it's driving me crazy). First radio ever owned that I haven looked in. It's like being married but seeing her untarped isn't an option :ROFLMAO:.
The At-5555N II does not have the noise compander option in the menu. The above post is primarily for the AT-5555 Plus /N. It seems to enhance the receive audio a bit on SSB. So far I must say it doesn't make that much difference. Maybe on AM or FM?

Mine works great out of the box trust me don’t mess with the seals!! If you do well I don’t know….
No sir, I don't intend to pop the tins on this one. I works like a champ.
The At-5555N II does not have the noise compander option in the menu. The above post is primarily for the AT-5555 Plus /N. It seems to enhance the receive audio a bit on SSB. So far I must say it doesn't make that much difference. Maybe on AM or FM?
Correct, just didn't know about the compander feature being different all together.

Reactions: Brother DXer
My K-PO 5000 has seals as well that I haven’t broken. However with the cost of shipping these days and since the radios have to be returned to the manuf (overseas) for warranty I am not sure it really matters lol.

My K-PO 5000 has seals as well that I haven’t broken. However with the cost of shipping these days and since the radios have to be returned to the manuf (overseas) for warranty I am not sure it really matters lol.
I think you are right. For the time being only Anytone in China will will be able to repair these if required. That usually means the user will have to pay the postage both ways, but it also means it will be fixed or replaced.

Nice article with some good info, for sure!
I do like the variable adjustment on the rxnr. I usually keep mine on 2 or 3, depending on conditions, etc. I honestly haven't found anything that I don't like about the at-5555n2. Yet...
So far this has been a great radio! As with everything else, time will tell... But for now, we're all smiles here.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.