• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The New AT-6666?

yup

yup no doubt i will buy one when the kinks are worked out.My v5 anytone is a hell of a radio talked 24 miles on ssb clean and clear today running its stock 30 watts in the mobile.On am the guy could barely hear me tho at 12 watts he was pushing 100 from his base.I run it with a sirio p5000 and am its good for about 15 miles ssb close to 25 miles and skip i have talked to amsterdam.

Last edited:
I can add a little more meat on the bone, this is based on an email with a reseller in China.

* Uses the same programming cable as there UHF/VHF Series
* The AT608 which has VFO Mode, this radio will have the same ( he thinks )
* 10m and then unlock via the software ( nothing new )

Detachable front I asked and there was no answer in the email, the price there was no answer and the release date he thought would arrive in the EU via either CRE or KPO end of the summer

Thanks Simon,
All good..I was told the 10m / freeband changeover will be like the cre 8900 from the buttons. Software will not be required to change modes. Maybe some of the EU types will need to use software to pass requirements but the AT-6666 will not.
The new maxlog 8900 pic is out, but I am under orders of chinese water torture not to reveal it. I don't know why. Pity. It looks very similar to the 8800 with glasses, just smaller. Nothing at all like the AT-6666. Maxlog looks a better mobile to use due to knob placement. All along the bottom with selector in middle and 4 buttons on each side (top left and right) in a square.
I like it. Mic gain in software once again.
I have ordered mine....

Dave/Simon - Are these using the same board as the CRE 8900? I'm interested to know if the AM output/swing will be more impressive. I think a lot of people have passed over these newer types of radios in the U.S. because on AM they just aren't going to get the same swing from a 2-3 watt deadkey compared to some of the more traditional older exports.

Totally unrelated - when searching for more pics of the AT-6666 in google I clicked on the wrong search result and got THIS

Most definitely not AT-6666 information :)

Oops!

That was priceless! Having grown up in the Angus cattle business I'm used to all that, but if you're a "cityslicker", you probably wondered: "What the hey??????"

Geoff S.

Dave/Simon - Are these using the same board as the CRE 8900? I'm interested to know if the AM output/swing will be more impressive. I think a lot of people have passed over these newer types of radios in the U.S. because on AM they just aren't going to get the same swing from a 2-3 watt deadkey compared to some of the more traditional older exports.

Totally unrelated - when searching for more pics of the AT-6666 in google I clicked on the wrong search result and got THIS

Most definitely not AT-6666 information :)

About the board am not sure. Dimensions I was given are smaller than the 8900 and more like the smaller UHF/VHF designs. The weight was also heavier than the 8900, but of course sure can be a shrunk 8900 board inside although I was told was all new

[...] Dimensions I was given are smaller than the 8900 and more like the smaller UHF/VHF designs.
I like them small so they will fit in my car. I hope that's a VFO knob on there! And I hope it has both continuous tuning and at least 1 kHz increments (100Hz or 10Hz would be better.) And I would love to know the frequency coverage too.

We will just have to wait, I suppose.

But but but... does it have Echo & Roger Beep & 10kc Bump for the Echo-Roger Beep-10kc Bump people? Hard to tell with the plain jane knobs n' stuff.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.