• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The NEW Clearspeech Speaker....

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
I must say that it is a big improvement over the old one.

I received it today and after getting the "feedback" taken care of, I was very happy at the way it filtered the "white" noise out.

Very very little drop on incoming signal which was also better than the old one.
---------------
DXman

clearspeech6bv.jpg

Yeah, been looking at one of those too. However, after reading the reviews, I'm not sinking $210.00 + shipping for a DSP speaker that I have to work out the bugs on any kind of possible feedback from my setup. :evil: The new one is definitely a great improvement over the older model. :) Perhaps, Heilsound needs to consider the feedback issues that are occuring. Instead of offering advice to the buyer on how to install their own torrid and ferrite cores, to go ahead and make the filtering part of the deal. :roll: If I have to go thru all that to get DSP, I'll sell my HF rig and add that $210.00 to it and upgrade to a rig that already has DSP. Those speakers do work great. Jim, CDX-44 has one and I've heard it and it does really make a difference in getting out some the aggravating noise on your RX to pull out weak stations that otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear. ;) For now, I'm going to watch the progress with guarded optimism and hope that the "buggs" are worked out in regards to the feedback issues and would really like to see a price drop as well. 8)

Just my .05 on the thread. ;)

73's :!: :!:

EDUK8TR,
The "feedback" that arises with speaker is not the fault of the speaker it's self, but more the fact of one's station grounding.

My problem with the feedback was coming from a "lamp" that I had sitting close to the speaker, when I ground the lamp the feedback was gone!

CDX486 also has one here by me, he has a 400 watt amp close by his speaker and after doing the proper grounding then his feedback was gone!
He loves his and it "knocks out" the interference that he gets from a Welding shop about 200 yrds from his QTH.

The price - $200 shipped from HRO

Check the reviews on the eham site when ya get a chance.

If one does a lot of "dxing" on ssb, then one can appreciate this speaker more. I have a constant 3-4 S units of noise on ssb and sometimes even more, especially during the dry weather. This speaker eliminates this and makes it much easier on the ears.
----------------
DXman

I went down to HRO to buy one on Friday. I must say I was sadly disapointed. I'm sure it's a great product, but I think Heil has missed the boat on what a MOBILE speaker is supposed to be. It's NOT supposed to be the size of two bricks! There is no possible way I could fit that in my Jeep. I have the old one, and while it does attenuate the output a bit, it works well. And at least I can fit it in the vehicle.

Anyone who bought the new one feel like cracking it open and telling me what the impedence is on the new speaker element? That's the reason the volume is higher...they changed it. I bet I could go find the same element somewhere and replace mine. I'd like to have another of the old style. Maybe ebay.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.