• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The new RCI-2995DX

Oh my good Lord!!! I swear there are more whiny little girls on here than the Hanna Montana forum. Jesus Christ! :bdh::bdh::bdh:

thats very macho and mature of you to instantly resort to name calling rather than make a case for your 1 to 75 power ratio on AM .

I understand what is being said here, but lets be honest, you're not going to d/k that radio at 40w.

When running power a 1:4 or I even like a 1:5 ratio, but I can't even do that on my Heathkits because they don't like a big carrier. But your not going to achieve a 1:4 on an 11m AM radio without sounding like shit.

if a radio cant do a 1 to 4 power ratio on am would that be a sign of a poorly designed or malfunctioning amp section ?

Drive your stuff that hard and report back.
They just don't get it...Not sure where the breakdown in understanding exists, but let me try and explain this so the so called "know it all's" can grip this with their enormous brains. The modification that I do basically takes the AM carrier and suppresses it until modulation is applied to the carrier. The average voice peak (PEP) will reach 90-120 watts peak (PEP), and if a single tone is applied, it will peak around 170 watts. (Are the big brains able to follow so far?). There are two pieces of equipment on my bench that are invaluable and those are my Rohde & Schwarz FSL303 RF spectrum analyzer and my Tektronix TDS2024B Digital Oscilloscope, and because I really love to tinker with EAM/ESSB (hi-fi audio processing for the RA-TARDS reading this), my output is always being monitored. I have never seen an output on my scope that has EVER produced a flat top wave. Any more questions? I think we are getting off topic, and now this has become more of a penis swining contest to see who "thinks" they know more than the next guy. OK, I'm done. (y)

Can anyone answer this one?

I have heard that you are right, they will withhold the part.

BUT....now somebody correct me if I am wrong. The "chip" isn't a chip. It's simply a fancy looking jumper that shorts the two pins that it goes across...just like any of the other 29XX's. Lordy, if they withhold this jumper, just solder a short piece of wire across the pins.

i do a peak and tune on it that really is just adding an extra diode so you can deadkey low and swing high. Right now I have mine set to deadkey 2 watts (zero modulation) and swing 150-170 watts PEP on AM. I have heard of mods to make it do upwards of 300+ but youre just asking for trouble then. Way to much wattage for a 25A switching power supply. :oops:

Could you tell me where the diode goes for the modification, numbering of the diode and where is it placed? Thank you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated