• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The old FCC issued cb call signs

I was one of the last to get an FCC issued cb call sign before the requirement was dropped my call was kir6227, my handle was reble. I know the l and e are reversed. I have dyslexia. I know how to spell rebel correctly now but I use it as reble now on the internet as a nick and login because it is unique. Not meny ppl use it for id or a nick spelled that way on the internet. I am also one of a dwindling few that knows how to repair and use the old tube and early transistor (point to point wiring) 2 way radios. Most new hams now a days doesn't even know what tuning the plate and load on the final tubes means let alone how to do it.

I still have my Cobra 98 from the 70's. It's a tube set and I was Chicken Choker in Livermore, CA. KJT 6691.

I still remember my original licence number it was NIW578. Issued by the Australian communication Authority

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343494923.556809.jpg
Second on was KBIR 1880

I was KOM-0640 issued in 1966.
My Ham call is KE4PVE.
My Lifetime General Radiotelephone License number is PG-6-18348 w/Ship RADAR Endorsement.
I had a FCC 1st phone before the General RT that was issued in November, 1972.

Old CB call signs

The very first 11 meter CB call signs were not the 3X4 (KAA XXXX) format that was the most common during the period the service did have call signs.
The very first, from Sept 1958 to 1960, were based on the FCC Engineering District numbers followed by either W,A,Q or QA, then 4 numbers. Example my first call sign, issued by the FCC, was 18QA2160 issued Nov 1959. Chicago was in the 18 engineering district. I wish I could find an old S9 magazine that had the map of the engineering districts, but I haven't had any luck. The Kxx-xxxx call signs didn't start until 1960.In Chicago the first K series was KHA. My second license was KHD9151 issued 11/22/1963.
You could tell pretty much where a person was from and about when he recieved his license by their call sign,up until the late 60's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated