• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the Predator 10k came today...

mojo

does it look bent?the top and bottom coils gotta start and end somewhere ,maybe thats what makes it look offset to you?

it doesnt look bent.... it just looks weird....

ok im going to attempt to describe it to you guys....

if your looking at it like you were looking down a pipe... the shaft isnt in the center of the coil circumference.

the coil at its closest point is about 5/8 of an inch away from the shaft..... and maybe 1.5 inches away on the opposite side of the shaft.

I got it from predator10kdiscountantennas.com

Picture taking a soda can.... open it.... and then take a dowel and stuff it through the mouth opening in the can. the dowel wouldnt be in the center of the can. thats kinda how it looks.

it doesnt look bent.... it just looks weird....

ok im going to attempt to describe it to you guys....

if your looking at it like you were looking down a pipe... the shaft isnt in the center of the coil circumference.

the coil at its closest point is about 5/8 of an inch away from the shaft..... and maybe 1.5 inches away on the opposite side of the shaft.

I got it from predator10kdiscountantennas.com

Picture taking a soda can.... open it.... and then take a dowel and stuff it through the mouth opening in the can. the dowel wouldnt be in the center of the can. thats kinda how it looks.
Sounds like it got damaged in shipping, the shaft should be center of the coil winding.

its weird because it doesnt look damaged at all....

and it was shipped in a real sturdy cardboard tube and the tube had no dents or anything.

i sent them an email... hopefully it will get resolved... im guessing it might just be defective.

i cant install it either way because my tri-mag mount hasnt even been shipped yet and the damn place i got it from isnt responding to my emails.

I called them and their "mailbox is full"...... great... their site didnt say they were going away for christmas week...

I ordered it from Premiere Electronics.... was that a mistake?

i will but probably not tonight.... my eyes are burning already...

i dont have web space so the easiest thing would be if I took some pics and emailed them to someone to post for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.