• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

the section

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
what a dull section considering Tube amps are WAY Better than those transistors. Better audio. Possiblity of WAY MORE WATTS. and WAY LESS BLEEDOVER. so i must know WHOs got the biggest TUBE amp In all the WWRF LAND

I do. It's built into my basement. 126 6146's driven by 2. No gas heating in my house in the winter. Only a 45 ton AC in the summer. No mice or bugs, the 'Zapper II' handles them nicely (the smell isn't the best in the world, but hey...).
It's for sale by the way. Comes with a 3 bedroom house built on top of it, one car detached garage, at least two irate neighbors (saves you the trouble of 'irating' them). 150 by 50 lot next to a city park (with wading pool and female life guards!). Got three extra 6146's I'll throw in for free. Can't beat a deal like that!
- 'Doc

You post a statement calling this a dull section and then have never heard of a 6146? Maybe this is not the section for you. :roll: :roll:

A 6146 is typically about 90 watts CW, 75 watts AM, maybe 120 watts SSB. 126 x 75 is about 9500 watts depending on drive. That's figuring input power. In terms of heat output you would have a pretty decent lead melter, or ceramic oven capability. One good reason for that 45 ton AC! (40 tons for amplifier cooling, maybe 5 tons for the house, sort of.) That's the small stuff. The biggy is the wading pool and life guards! Wanna know what the current beach wear is? Look out the radio room window! Keep our nitroglycerin handy, mercy!
- 'Doc

Better hurry, the price is going up.

Dang! Didn't think of that. But then I'd have to pay the gas bill... Naw, I'll stay with the 6146's.
- 'Doc

W5LZ said:
I do. It's built into my basement. 126 6146's driven by 2. No gas heating in my house in the winter. Only a 45 ton AC in the summer. No mice or bugs, the 'Zapper II' handles them nicely (the smell isn't the best in the world, but hey...).
It's for sale by the way. Comes with a 3 bedroom house built on top of it, one car detached garage, at least two irate neighbors (saves you the trouble of 'irating' them). 150 by 50 lot next to a city park (with wading pool and female life guards!). Got three extra 6146's I'll throw in for free. Can't beat a deal like that!
- 'Doc

:LOL: Got any pictures Doc ;) Of the amp that is not the life guards. Oh hell post the pictures of the life guards standing next to the amp and give us the best of both worlds. :LOL:

QRN,
Wish I could! Most of those life guards aren't old enough to have their picture taken by me. Not to say they aren't old enough to vote, just not old enough for my camera. (Makes for a good excuse anyway.)
The 126x2 6146 amplifier is a secret. Ain't no pictures, the magnetic field is too strong for digital cameras. Sorry...
- 'Doc

this is my little fireplace guess what it is for a bozo button...it does
2500 all day :)

Myfireplace.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.