• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THE UNIDEN GRANT XL OWNERS CLUB ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Does anyone have any clue on what happen to this site(THE UNIDEN GRANT XL OWNERS CLUB ) ? If you are a Grant XL lover ? this was surely the site for you. I still find links to the site but nothing ever gets me there ? It seems like it's been almost 2 years now since I last was able to be a part of the site ? It surely was a great site geared to the Uniden Grant XL's , the owner even helped me out a few times with a few questions. I've really missed the site over the years and it's surely been a loss for me. Anybody know what happen to it ? thanks

That's really to bad :( printing pages would be a good thing. Just a shame to see it go as it did. Hey DaveG ? You have any idea what it cost to run something like this Forum ? Maybe a ballpark number ? I believe I asked once ,but never got an answer.

When i Google this name i get the site that you are trying to connect to does not have a recognized start page(index.html)
That means he has scraped it or he is deceased.

can't help ya, switch kit....i, as others noted, HOPE we printed out most of the mods that were on that site. i KNOW somewhere on THIS site most of those mods appear in one post. i won't claim to worship justin, as many appear to do, but he also posted a few mods on this forum. while he states how superior HIS mods are & how inferior the older mods are, i think some of them are more a matter of personal preference. i won't deny his mods work, but, depending on the mic used & YOUR voice, i can HEAR a difference, & his are NOT always the best sound to my ear. what i WOULD like to see in print are some of his receiver mods. but, apparently he won't do that, as a big ego is more important to him then what some people think of him.

well Dave , it's all good with me , as far as the other guy your talking about ? don't mean much to me. IM just a hobbiest , I enjoy it for the most and I like to do things for myself if I can get a way with it. It doesn't have to be perfect , it just needs to work. That's why there's a mod section on the forum , you can either do it by the numbers or have some fun with your stuff , IM not really here to say it's a bad thing or not , just have fun if you can, live and learn as they say. I thought the Grant XL site was great ! IM just very sorry to see it go and somewhat sorry I didn't copy and paste a lot of the stuff that was there , if the site was still there ? I would have asked the dude if he minded if I could have shared a link to his place from here on the Forum. The owner of that site once sent me a picture on how to wire a Ranger freq counter on the G-XL , I wish I still had the picture to share but that was a few years back on a different PC as well , such is life at times....I still would like to know about how much it costs to run a site like this ? thanks

those were about the numbers I got today so it looks like about 100 or so a year. I should try that 4 times a week eatting deal you talk off , it would be a walking talking ,trying to tie my shoes blessing !! about 20 to 30 lbs would do. :( the problem with that is I don't do drugs or drink but I LOVE TO EAT !! OH ! on that cb tricks goodie , they didn't have it at the time ,guy from Grant XL site sent me a shot like that in living color of the radio itself with the counter mod done, I surely tip my hat to CB Trickeroos all the same. Thanks Dave

I know this thread is ancient....
but- for those that are wondering-
The "Grant Xl Guy" is "still Kickin' (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.