• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The "Yeti" of Cobra 2000 GTL's

Tokin

The Man With No Shoes
Oct 31, 2019
SandBox
I dont believe the covers have ever been removed. In the original box and plastic. Mic cord never stretched.
What I believe I have here is an untouched new in box "Yeti" Cobra 2000 GTL. I say yeti because you just dont see these anymore.
Damn this is a sexy base...20200416_165444.jpg 20200416_165513.jpg 20200416_170155.jpg 20200416_170410.jpg

No holes or toys, no snake oil. My thoughts were a proper channel expansion, unlock the clarifier, variable rf and a proper tune up, no stupid shit. Im open to a recap even though it operates very well.

Reactions: 357magnum
I work in Town-N-Country (but not on CB's), I used to live in the T-N-C area for a bit, but recently moved over around Florida Ave. for the time being.

I was just curious, there are a few on this board who are in the Tampa Bay area.

I used to be the Chief Tech at a shop in the Youngstown OH area up until 2000, they moved the shop over into PA (too far for me), so I moved to the Clearwater area for about 13 years, then later Tampa.

Nice radio, twin speakers too!

Reactions: 357magnum and Tokin
I work in Town-N-Country (but not on CB's), I used to live in the T-N-C area for a bit, but recently moved over around Florida Ave. for the time being.

I was just curious, there are a few on this board who are in the Tampa Bay area.

I used to be the Chief Tech at a shop in the Youngstown OH area up until 2000, they moved the shop over into PA (too far for me), so I moved to the Clearwater area for about 13 years, then later Tampa.

Nice radio, twin speakers too!
Im close to the Keystone area and Mr Dirty White Boy lol. I lived around Orlando back in the 80's but moved back north. I just moved back 4 years ago.

Reactions: 357magnum
It's a cute radio, honestly never did like the look, I was never a Cobra fan I much preferred President Madison, Colt Excalibar, CPI 2000 or Tram D201(a). It is cool to see a radio from that time that is untouched.
The Madison is another great radio from that time too. Great design and look. I always had a thing for the early cobra bases. All the other companies were using a flat vertical face and Cobra went in a different direction. They have their ups and downs but are still one of CB's holy grails.

Reactions: NZ8N and 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.