• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Think I got a good deal on this.

How do you get rid of motor noise? Had same problem with the cobra handheld hooked to the k-30. Its fine as long as the engine and key is off.
do this test
remove antenna from radio . if noise remains them its coming thru your power cord probaly
if noise stops then your antenna is recieving it and can be difficult to cure .
rflimired has a power cord 3 pin that has a filter just for this that actually WORKS
also run both pos/ neg to battery with pos fused at battery
mount antenna on roof

Reactions: 1 person
Cool I will try this. I'll tell you what I already done that helped a lot is move the k-30 to the rear of the bed at the back bed pocket instead of at the front behind the cab and this helped a lot. I would like to put it on my cab but my carport won't allow me to. This k-30 like about a 1/16" from touching now when I pull under. I need to try one of these other antennas to.

no dont coil it up. actually IF ya gonna leave it on the bed rail
then your best bet is away from the cab. where its at now.
only other option better is roof imo.have you checked swr yet
usually you have to get coil above cab . or at least mounted on roof

Well I got to mess with this for around a hour or so today. I hooked up the newest little wil that came with the deal. With the antenna at the front pocket on drivers side next to the cab I got the SWR's to Ch1 to 1.3 and Ch40 to 1.9 But man if the trucks started you talk about motor noise. Its the same with the K-30 or the little wil on the motor noise. Its definatally the antennas picking it up. I unhook the antenna and total quiet. No matter where I moved the antenna to its about the same but maybe a little quieter at the rear pocket. Well thats what I discovered today. I really dunno what to do about the motor noise.
I forgot to mention that I can just wrap my hand around the base of the antenna and the noise stops also.

Last edited:
heres a tip but may not work if its picked up antenna
1 run both power wires to battery . fused at battery
2 go to copper.com they have filter cords there by magnum /rflimited
youll have to splice into it as it has a 3 pin connector [ for bigger radios.
3 try another radio if i remember right the small uniden doesnt have
good filtering.also i think it has a ANL buttton click/turn it on if its not on already
thats your noise limiter.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.