• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thinking about a mobile amp again...

338_MtRushmore

Jun 17, 2012
The Dakotas
I'm considering playing radio in the mobile again, but I don't enjoy that without 100+ watts. I'm completely done with exports and other junk like texas star.

It seems like these HG's are doing ok now, but I really haven't kept up on the subject. I have also never operated an amp from a builder.

Is it even worth the effort to try a carl or hopper 4 pill behind a 148gtl, or is it just more wasted time and money?

Maybe a 100 watt ham rig would be a smarter option since it should be more reliable and has all the extra channels?

I am tempted by those, they are just getting a little old and parts aren't getting easier to find. The thought has even crossed my mind to just install my TS-120S in the mobile.
Yes the TS-50 had some known issues with their electrolytics. I was careful and bought one that was re-capped, and any corrosive BS had be removed. It's a beaut - (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated