• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This place is a GOLD MINE!!!!!! No two ways about it.

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I was sitting here thinking up another of my dumb "what if" type questions to post.

The topic: relative "worth" of switching from bipolar to Mosfet (if you actually HAVE to!).

Before actually posting it... I decided to do some searching of my own using Google.

I found SCADS of discussion threads going back to 2010 and before discussing ALL ANGLES of this subject. I have so much to read through here.... so much good sense and advice.... no need to post the question any more.

A "side benefit"..... I am gathering a whole bunch of potential part numbers from FAIRLY recent posts on bipolar transistors that are still being made... that could fill the bill without having to do the switch. Choices are a GOOD thing.

Thanks! My hat is off to you guys for answering my questions YEARS before I even asked it!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I agree best radio forum on the planet!

I will say a google search of the forum sometimes works better than the internal forum search function for finding thread topics quickly.
Most forums on pretty much any subject are like that now........at least that's my recent experience......

Reactions: Slowmover
couldn't agree more.

a tip for those who have had frustrations with the forum's internal search bar, is to use google instead.

here's how to do a google search for ONLY this site and your search term.

for example, if you want info on the Cobra 29gtl, you would type the following into the google search bar:

site:www.worldwidedx.com 29gtl

it's much better than the site's own search bar.
LC

couldn't agree more.

a tip for those who have had frustrations with the forum's internal search bar, is to use google instead.

here's how to do a google search for ONLY this site and your search term.

for example, if you want info on the Cobra 29gtl, you would type the following into the google search bar:

site:www.worldwidedx.com 29gtl

it's much better than the site's own search bar.
LC

Yeah that is the best way to search and how I have been doing it for many years now. Most forum built-in search functions are horrific.

Use both. (Seriously).

Some searches turn up topics or questions of related interest.

Computers suck compared to a card catalog.
So replicate conditions. (What’s adjacent?).

As to how good this site is, whatever I have to say on any subject is all y’all’s fault.

As my Real Porkchop friend would say:

“just so that’s clear
.”

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated