• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tight buget base antenna

thanx

too many people told me to buy the maco or that one....i would have liked to find the maco but couldnt fine anybody to that stocked it that took paypal and my "toy" money was in my paypal account

so i got a copy of the maco hope it works as good

antenna

i also won the d-104 i was bidding on ebay.pretty good price right??

ebay mic

im looking forward to getting everything set up

antenna probably about 10' off of the roof so the base of it about 40-45 foot off of the grounnd

scott

Sounds good Scott,I believe a 5/8 wave is a 5/8 wave or there close no matter which 5/8 you get except build quality, so I would think that antenna will work fine. that is cheap for a d104, is it powered? 40-45 ft to feed point is alsome, should be able to hear you great now :D .

good luck with everything,
Roger

hiya roger

thats kinda what im thinking on the antenna as well

powered or not i still think 10 bucks for a d-104 is super cheap

scott

i might as post it here to (did on irc)

tug 8 is a 4 wire amped, shield, red, black, and white

tug 9 is a 6 wire amped, shield, red, black, white, yellow, and blue.

made to fit the more modern transcivers

got the mic today

real nice little unit............

says "T-UG8 STAND" right on it and it is DEFINATLY amped............

cant see why else itd need a 9V in it

i just have to get a 4 pin on it as its got a 1/4 inch "stereo" looking plug on it now

still havent got my antenna...gi joes says out of stock till monday so ill probably have it next week sometime

scott

finally got my antenna..................

BUT i havent even taken it out of the box yet

i had today off from work but i need to go back out on the road tomorow already......

NEXT weekend ill definatly get it up

still havent got my base station yet either so wasnt like i could have talked on it anyhow |LOL

scott

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.