• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tiny Anytone "Smart" CB radio

I received one of these little radios for Christmas. So far I have received reports of "it's clear".

I've contemplated in replacing the stock mic with an Astatic 575-M6 I have. I know I would have to hard wire it into the radio, and then add the channel change buttons.

Reactions: BBB
I would not bother with the mic change. I would instead turn the modulation up from 70% to around 90-95% if you can. Do you even know what type of element the stock mic is using? If it is electret your 575 might be a step done. I have no idea what the current element is in the 575 but generally CB mic are garbage and the newer the mic usually the cheaper it has been made in ever way from the PTT switch tot he element and even the parts count in the amplifier sections. Unlike most things in this world CB radio's and mic's are getting worse with time not better. On top of that the radio sells for $49-$65 your mic is depending on when it was made can be anywhere from the $40-$125. Not sure that makes much sense but this is CB radio we are talking about so it does not have to make sense, sound good or be legal. Do let us know how it turns out. I recall the RF Magnum not sounding as good with most after market mics at is sounded with the factory mic. Same thing with K40 radio's changing out the K40 mic for somethign else never made an improvement.

Given how cheap the radio is compared to the cost of most power or noise canceling mic's if I had one in the daily driver and the mic went bad I would buy a new one and toss the old one in the closet for a latter date. When you could not get them any more and I needed a small AM/FM radio I would then put a new mic on it. It would also mean you would have a parts radio should you feel the need to keep the second unit going.

Thought id post this in here for anyone interested, A friend of mine has figured out a nice mod for these, I just completed the modifications on my radio and I am well more than impressed. Audio came up bigtime and not all garbly! I now get a nice controllable swing also with it! Adjustable from .5 watts deadkey to 10 deadkey swinging to 20-25 watts happily! Locals and 50 mile daily contacts say that this thing sounds better than ever! Hope this helps anyone!

73'

Reactions: Woody-202 and BBB
Sorry hammerjocky .......this mod just does not work...... clipping the transistor does not disable the AMC...... and if your getting 25 watts PEP then please show it in video so we can see what meter you are using.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
i have a anytone smart cb and i need to know what the settings need to bu in the service menu can soneone help with this

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated