• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tm 9000g kenwood mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
i aquired a same as new tm 9000g all mode radio.its for japan market. does anybody know how to mod it to work in usa? ssb works ok but above 145.800 seems like becomes out of band. plus can only run 10 watts on ssb.id like 10 watts on high n 2 watts on low.
running into my mirage on ssb 2 watts ssb sends out 145 watts n 10 watts sends out 200 watts ssb.

this place is becoming a joke

No Joke here!
The Deal is you buy a POS 40++ year old rig, only made for like 2 years, PLUS you purchase a Euro/Japan only version.
Then you expect the forum members to Jump to your beckon call in like 3 hours to tell you how to "fix" your mistake.
Then when nobody has jumped to your 40+ year old issue, you bad mouth the Forum and its members.
I believe most here know where the real issue lies.
GL
All the Best
Gary

PS: That PLL is programed with diode switching, parts need to be moved and jumpers installed to "possibly" fix your mistake

i aquired a same as new tm 9000g all mode radio.its for japan market. does anybody know how to mod it to work in usa? ssb works ok but above 145.800 seems like becomes out of band. plus can only run 10 watts on ssb.id like 10 watts on high n 2 watts on low.
running into my mirage on ssb 2 watts ssb sends out 145 watts n 10 watts sends out 200 watts ssb.

Perhaps the main reason you have no responses is that you bought a radio not meant for the USA market. Believe it or not, the USA is NOT the centre of the universe and other countries do things their own way for their own reasons, and it actually works. Calling this forum and it's members a joke is incredibly childish. The joke is actually in your mirror when you buy something not meant for the North American market and then expect someone here to solve your issues for you. While we DO have a few members here from Europe, where band-plans are different again, we do not have any from Japan.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Everyone here tries to help as much as we can but many of us have day jobs to feed the wife and kids, pay the electric bill, stuff that keeps us busy.
No 24 hour emergency tech support team......

Jeff

Everyone here tries to help as much as we can but many of us have day jobs to feed the wife and kids, pay the electric bill, stuff that keeps us busy.
No 24 hour emergency tech support team......

Jeff

Thanks for the reminder, Jeff. Over the next 96 hours, I will be working 48 hours. Not a lot of time for anything else.

ok now we cut the bs.i got it gave to me new in the box. and a simple reply might been a tad better. but at least it got a reply . if its that much trouble to assist me just say so.
i had no idea it was coming to me but a deceased ham lived not far from me. his family isnt a ham n know im on ham radios so they gave it to me. there is its lifes history. i have no answer as to why he bought it way back then. he is dead im not. anyhow never mind i got it working on 2 meter ssb . carry on now whatever and thank you kindly for replys

ok now we cut the bs.i got it gave to me new in the box. and a simple reply might been a tad better. but at least it got a reply . if its that much trouble to assist me just say so.
i had no idea it was coming to me but a deceased ham lived not far from me. his family isnt a ham n know im on ham radios so they gave it to me. there is its lifes history. i have no answer as to why he bought it way back then. he is dead im not. anyhow never mind i got it working on 2 meter ssb . carry on now whatever and thank you kindly for replys

It is not a matter that a simple reply was too much to ask, but rather the fact that nobody has the answers you were looking for. You knew it was meant for the Japanese market yet made an issue of it when nobody was able to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?