• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TO DX or not to DX....

bustedknuckles

Jan 23, 2019
I have a Grundug Satellit 800 in good working condition. It belonged to my father, but I have not used it, as I have not set up a suitable antenna. I have tried it on my Carolina Windom which I use for my HF rig, and it works well. But the radio is taking up space, and I have to decide if it is worth the effort to rig up another antenna, or simply do my listening on my Icom 746Pro, and stick to mainly regular ham listening.

If anyone would care to venture an opinion I'd like to hear it. I know that SWL is not what it used to be, but is it still worthwhile?

The 800 has been a great receiver for me. In the past I QSL'd Radio St. Helena, HAARP and Voice of Korea with just 60' wire!

I sold mine for a Drake SW8 as it was a bit more robust build but same guts.

You'll be happy with the resale value of that 800. Modern day classic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.