• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

to rf choke or not

l18ogvm.jpg

I keep putting them on the coax, and they keep climbing down......

thanks for the replies ok i get it now i have the antenna grounded with its own 8ft ground rod then the radio grounded with its own separate 8ft ground rod will look into low pass filters
The best thing you can do is run a clean radio. No super wack pack tune ups for power no cb will ever hear.
The amp is going to boost whatever goes in. Garbage in=LOUDER GARBAGE OUT.
If your radio has been hacked you might need two low pass filters. One before the amp and one after and don't over drive the amp.

ok here is where i got the info the guy states that the right part number is =Fair-Rite part number 2631803802
here is the video link=

Correct. That is the part # that I reference in my links to Mouser and Newark. Most places will try to charge you $10/each whereas Mouser and Newark will charge you $5/each.

Dr_DX

i use a choke at the antenna from G3TXQ's chart & torroids further down the line again from Steves chart,

i made 2x W2DU chokes 40x 31mix beads on rg-393 & another with 40x 43mix beads on rg-393 for experimenting.

Why have i started typing dyslexic

I have attached my source too.

LOL. Bob I always like your input and expertise, but you are too rich for my blood. Your W2DU solution is a more elegant one but also a much, much, more expensive one than this Hightech Redneck can afford. With RG-393 @ $10/foot and you will need at least 3.5 feet to string 40 1 inch long beads over it. The 40 beads will run you $1.75 in bulk so $70 for them. Even without the connectors and you are at least $100 per each W2DU choke if you had to buy all the components.

My 2 FT240-31 are $10, the 5.5' of RG400 = $8 so $18 each and I will wind up with 27% more resistance (8800 vs. 6400). I will also be limited to 3 KW, which you will not.:cry::cry::cry:

Hmmm....the more I think about it, the more I realize I am pretty sure I am your long lost son. We really need to get together and discuss it....Dad. :D:D:D

Attachments

• 2018Cookbook.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
The best thing you can do is run a clean radio. No super wack pack tune ups for power no cb will ever hear.
The amp is going to boost whatever goes in. Garbage in=LOUDER GARBAGE OUT.
If your radio has been hacked you might need two low pass filters. One before the amp and one after and don't over drive the amp.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ++++1(y)(y)(y)

DR-DX, me rich lol

Radio rallies & helping locals with antennas & RFI that's driving them crazy is how I did it ,
they cost me very little just my time helping people,

the RG393 is commercial patch leads with silver plated amphenol plugs from a radio rally,
ex BBC stuff that nobody was buying & the guy did not want to take back home,

my buddy bought a dozen or so for next to nothing because we were building him a gain-master,
he gave me a few for helping him,

the beads I removed from NOS RF transformers,

the ft-240 torroids came from a local ham who asked me to help him eliminate his RFI that was driving him nuts,

He had bought a full tray of 31mix torroids from Mauser and some larger 43 or 61mix torroids & large clampon ferrites,
he gave me 4 of the ft-240's & a clampon,

we tested the clampons on his neighburs very noisy mains feed into the house with my yupiteru,
i was surprised how well even the smaller clamps we tested reduced the noise on the far side of the ferrite as we slid them up and down the cable,

fiberglass spade handle isolator, radials, choke, & ferrite fixed his unfixable cmc issue,

I already had the 43mix ft-240's again bought from a radio rally £2 each.

Less than £20 in total including gas to get there ;).

thanks for the replies ok i get it now i have the antenna grounded with its own 8ft ground rod then the radio grounded with its own separate 8ft ground rod will look into low pass filters

Nice for lightning, no good for a RF ground.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated