• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

To The Average Schmuck Who Thinks He Wants A Tower

It's a Delhi DMX56HD. No.8 bottom section through to a No. 2 top section. 56' feet, plus the top pipe, 4' above the top plate. Tri-bander at 58', feed-point of 2M at about 65' +/- approximately.

Cool. (y) I thought it may be a Delhi but not sure. I have a Delhi DMX40 which is soon to be replaced by a 56 foot Trylon Titan T400. The old Delhi served me well loaded to nearly three times the manufacturers rating (three sq. ft.) for wind loading.Since I bought the tower second hand nearly 30 years ago I never knew the rating of it until just a few years ago and was quite surprised. I have since outgrown the light duty Delhi and need to upgrade. If Delhi made a tower that would handle my windload safely I would buy another one as I believe they are great towers but I am looking at around 17 square feet plus some wires hanging off it so I have no choice but to look at something else. I just got a quote today from Trylon for the 56 foot Titan T400 and will likely place an order by week's end. The shipping charges caught me a little off guard however at $1130 just for shipping. :cry: That's the price of the new rotator I need. :censored:

I put up my first tower last year and the two hardest parts was digging the hole and coming up with the money. It took 80 mile an hour winds afew weeks ago. Bent up my tv antenna and blew shingles off the garage but the antenna did fine. I was worried. Alot of locals antennas didnt fair as well. I went with overkill as much as I could afford and im glad I did. Took 2 years from when I started talking about it till I was finished but it has made radio a blast. Now I know what the oldtimers meant that you cant talk to people you cant hear. Thanks to those I asked silly questions too on here. You know who you are! And yes I am a average schmuck(y)

Good stuff Mr. Clean.That was the 48 foot Delhi wasn't it? I believe you got either the DMX-MD or DMX-HD series. Either way it should last a couple decades for you.

I made the decision last night, after mulling over some quotes, to go ahead and place an order today or tomorrow for a 56 foot Trylon Titan T400 series tower. This puppy is 36 inches at the bottom and 15 inches at the top and will handle 38 sq. ft. at 70 miles an hour. It will be loaded with about 17 sq. ft. plus a couple wire antennas hanging from it. Now to order a rotator to turn all of it. Looks like an Alpha-Spid RAK from Alpha Radio is the choice. (y)

It the 48 ft heavy duity one. DMX HD. A ham down the road has a tower like you are looking at. Nice and heavy duity for sure. I have 10 ft of mast coming out the top to clear the vert elements. 58 ft to the boom. Really like having both polarities for the chicken band. Peace!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.