• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tommie Salter

• Thread starter FCC Recent Releases -
  • Start date
F

FCC Recent Releases -

Notified Tommie Salter of this Apparent Liability for Forfeiture in the amount of $14,000 for refusing to allow an inspection of his CB station

Continue reading...

Sounds like another Ira Jones case...and they will spend another 14K to collect the $$
They fined him years ago for interfering with Public service radios and to this day he is still using his CB on the air, being a total asshole and still telling everyone how he told The FCC to F off when they wanted to inspect his station.
If you ever happen to travel through Merced Ca, just go to 27.165 AM and give a call out to Falcon, you will get a ear-full for your trouble.
What a waste of money.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
What a Boat load of of Bueracratic unconstitutional behavior. We are guaranteed under the 4 amendment protection against illegal search without a warrant. Not to mention you do not need a license to operate a Citizen Band station. No License requirements = no authority to enforce laws & regulations. Don't get me wrong I agree you can not cause interference and a Low pass filter and alignment should be on the Station operators list of priorities to stay under Uncle Charlies radar so shame on him. However if the FCC whats to Bring in Revenue from the CB community then they need to get into the business of of re-issuing the license. Mine was KLM2756

What a Boat load of of Bueracratic unconstitutional behavior. We are guaranteed under the 4 amendment protection against illegal search without a warrant. Not to mention you do not need a license to operate a Citizen Band station. No License requirements = no authority to enforce laws & regulations. Don't get me wrong I agree you can not cause interference and a Low pass filter and alignment should be on the Station operators list of priorities to stay under Uncle Charlies radar so shame on him. However if the FCC whats to Bring in Revenue from the CB community then they need to get into the business of of re-issuing the license. Mine was KLM2756

LOL What world do you live in? Obviously your own little one. Who do you think made it so that there is no license persae required? Hint: FCC. CB is a license by rule radio service.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/citizens-band-cb-service

You do not need an individual license however there are rules and regulations that need to be followed. Like it or not that's the way it is. I don't need a license to ride a bicycle however i do need to obey the rules of the road and stay off the sidewalks with it. Same idea:no license but governed by rules.You said " However if the FCC whats to Bring in Revenue from the CB community then they need to get into the business of of re-issuing the license. " I could counter with if an operator does not want to be liable for a BIG fine then operate according to the regulations.

As a ham I think you need to brush up on the rules a bit more.

Reactions: Tallman
I have many stations for them to inspect, one on the shelf ready to be walked to the door, and they can even keep it! :p

Reactions: binrat
When they inspect a station what are they looking for?
Do they bring in there own watt meter and key up your station and yell AUDIO!!!! lol.

Having dealt with them professionally in manufacturing, don't sell the FCC short on Technical abilities. We had one engineer go toe to toe with one inspector over a design issue. The inspector was correct even though he did not even have a calculator. The engineer recalculated the issue right there and came up with the wrong answer again. Seems there was a mathematical constant that was off a bit.
The FCC inspector was right on the money. I'm not saying they are all geniuses but you can't hide a radio modification or a linear that they haven't seen or can't find.

So the FCC will pull the covers off all your radios and inspect for mods ect?
I guess my HR 2510's would be a strike against me on an inspection. Although they do cover 10 meters in all modes. In a time of emergency having the 11 meter mod done could considerably help you communicate with the general public. I see this as the same for many who do Mars mods to HF and VHF/UHF radios.
The FCC probably feels if the radio is able to TX out of band than you must be doing so and causing harmful interference as well.

I have many stations for them to inspect, one on the shelf ready to be walked to the door, and they can even keep it!

Me too..... a Midland77-250CXL :D Hopefully it will come back with the blown diode in the receiver replaced.;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?