• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tone on channel 19 the last 5 days?

I've been hearing that on and off the past several weeks on the road, across several states. Almost sounded like a big amp throwing a dead key. Very irritating.
it is a big amp throwing a tone on channel 19 from the corner of valrico road and mlk blvd seffner fl

I like the idea of inserting a pin and cutting the excess so he can't find it.
Friend of mine told me a story back from the 80's when he ripped an antenna off a guy's house with a tire iron and a length of rope tied to the bumper of his 66 olds dynamic 88. Drug the thing down the road, and ended up sticking it in the muck of a local lake. Happened in NJ.

As a bonus, the radio and coax came with it. Not a whole lot left of the radio or mic, tho.

Reactions: Greg T
Friend of mine told me a story back from the 80's when he ripped an antenna off a guy's house with a tire iron and a length of rope tied to the bumper of his 66 olds dynamic 88. Drug the thing down the road, and ended up sticking it in the muck of a local lake. Happened in NJ.

As a bonus, the radio and coax came with it. Not a whole lot left of the radio or mic, tho.
You should never do this. The idea is to tie the rope to their vehicle so they can pull their own antenna down.

Or better yet stay off their property altogether. There's other ways to get a person's attention that may be of questionable legality, but won't put you downrange of an angry homeowner.

We had a guy over this way that had his echo or something tweaked so it would make all kinds of noise.
He would spread his hate and discontent especially on 19 to trucks but locals were fair game as well.
I learned quickly just to get him to do the one that sounds like a crotch rocket shift through gears.
Well, the story I heard was someone ended up punching him right in the Sheriff's office. Things got quiet, very quiet after that.

You should never do this. The idea is to tie the rope to their vehicle so they can pull their own antenna down.

Or better yet stay off their property altogether. There's other ways to get a person's attention that may be of questionable legality, but won't put you downrange of an angry homeowner.
There was possibly alcohol and/or pot involved. He's 10 years older than me, so we didn't run in the same circles back then. :D

With all the cheap copper hoarded coax being sold today, there's a fair chance the pin will miss the braid.

Yeah, I hear it here in AZ quite often these last few weeks. Sounds like a simple tone generator somewhere near 1100hz. I usually stay away from 19 anyway, so it is not a big deal for me. But, it still blows my mind at times just how screwed up some people are that they would do stuff like that. There is one born every minute.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.