• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tool Recommendation

Ringworm

Jun 29, 2015
I need to adjust the VR907 and VR910 on my Galaxy 95T. I have tried to delicately use a small philips and standard screwdriver, but no go! From the looks of it, I need a "D" shaped tool to turn these, almost like a D shaped socket. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

I use TV tuning tools - something like this - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GC-Electroni...459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d34b309bb

Don't use metal tools, plastic or composite non-metallic

Actually that is a pretty decent set of tools. It looks like the exact same set that I have used for years. BigKahuna is correct in that you should never use metallic tools especially on ferrite cores as they will break easily and on trimmer caps as the metal tip will detune the circuit. If the component to be adjusted is simply a potentiometer a plastic tool with a small metal tip is acceptable.

Reactions: Ringworm
Actually that is a pretty decent set of tools. It looks like the exact same set that I have used for years. BigKahuna is correct in that you should never use metallic tools especially on ferrite cores as they will break easily and on trimmer caps as the metal tip will detune the circuit. If the component to be adjusted is simply a potentiometer a plastic tool with a small metal tip is acceptable.

Great, good to hear. I'm going to hit my electronics store tomorrow to see if they have anything like this, if not, then it's eBay time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.