• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Top or Base load for local talk

22racer

Jan 9, 2013
Desert, AZ
If given the same mounting and same overall height, would base loaded, center loaded, or top loaded antennas make any difference if local talk was your only goal. Im referring to a mobil setup.

Base load is better for mobile in the local setting. Top or center load getting smacked buy a low hanging tree limb may cause damage to the loading coil.

Base load is better for mobile in the local setting. Top or center load getting smacked buy a low hanging tree limb may cause damage to the loading coil.
and the base coil handles the wind a whole lot better. The original Wilson 5000 center mounted and well grounded to the roof works extremely well.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated